Saturday 13 February 2010

Miss you Nan x

Its been a bit of a strange day - 4 years since my nan passed. I have been doing my best to do things to take my mind off of it for a while, But of course nothing works. My Nan was like a mother to me, Well much more of one than my biological mother ever was. Every good memory I have of my childhood somehow involves my grandparents so of course everything I do with the children today is reminding me of her.

We started off by making a lemon drizzle cake, which I would show you a picture of but its in our tummies already! Nan taught us to cook as children - Scones, cakes, mince pies, sausage rolls and turkey soups were her favorites to make.

Then we sat down and done some crafts, Oh what a mess I used to make of my nans house, paint and glue everywhere, all being made ready for a grand performance of some kind! Though we stayed away from the paint and glue today, I have learnt from my nans mistakes! See Nan you taught me something.

You see nan, whatever happens and wherever you are, you are always with us xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment