Friday 25 March 2011

Sarah from S L Jewellery & Accesories stops by to say hi!

Hello. I'm Sarah the busy hands behind S L Jewellery & Accessories.
I have always had a passion for crafts and a desire to be my own boss
with my own empire but have never quite had the confidence to take the
next step. When I was pregnant with my little boy the desire and
passion began to grow. After my gorgeous little boy was born it seemed
to give me the confidence boost I needed to start the ball rolling. I
wanted to make my little man and my family proud.

What would be a normal day for you?

A day in my life is quite chaotic most of the time. My day usually
starts around 5.00am with my little boy. He is at the wonderful age of
2 and doesn’t sit still for a minute. Throughout the day it seems to
be a mix of quality time with him, the glory of household chores and
as much admin as I can squeeze in usually writing blog posts, updating
the website, contacting supplies or businesses that I can work with.

Once my little boy is tucked up in bed …. the creativity begins! This
is where the toy scattered rooms become a showcase of all things
sparkly!
I love all parts of of my job so much so it feels strange calling it a
'job' I think the most rewarding part has to be the customers and the
wonderful feedback you receive when they finally get to meet the
unique hand-crafted item you have talked about!
Obviously working with sparkly things its pretty fab too!!

What inspires you?

Inspiration is never hard to find it comes from people, places almost
anything. I'm lucky that I have so many wonderful people in my life
and I live in a beautiful place so I never really have to look far for
inspiration.

How do you juggle a family and work at the same time?

Mixing work and family life is one of the most difficult yet rewarding
parts. Waking at 5.00am and having a day with a 2 year old can leave
me too exhausted to work late into the night. I think the key is not
to put too much pressure on yourself (I should take my own advice) and
just make sure that you manage the time you do have well.
If perhaps you don't get everything done don't be hard on yourself
just look at all the things you have managed to get done.

I am very fortunate to have an Iphone so between building towers and
painting with my little one I can check emails and reply. It helps so
much not leaving it all build up to the evening.

Whats new at SL?
Don't tell anyone i told you because they haven't quite launched on
the site yet but we have created a beautiful selection of bridal
bouquets which are an amazing alternative to flowers.
Here is a sneak preview


And lastly, how can we find you?

Please come and say hi on twitter http://twitter.com/S_L_Jewellery

facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/S-L-Jewellery-and-Accessories/94160226703

or on my website www.sljewelleryandaccessories.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment