Sunday 8 January 2012

So close.....

....but still so far a cliche I know! But it really sums up how I'm feeling right now. This shop business is a uphill struggle! I still haven't found out if I'm going to get the shop, my offer was accepted but that still depends on the references. Which the bank for one said they didn't do! Cue 6 hours over 2 days spend in the bank arguing that they do do it, its on their website that they do and their own customer service tells me they do! And all this wasted time means someone else might get in there with a better offer and nab it first! Grrr.

On a happier note, the money for the deposit has almost been raised! Just another £250 to go and we are there!!! Wooohooo! Im getting all excited and making a list (and checking it twice... not quite out of Christmas mode yet!) of who I would like to stock in the shop, taking into consideration that they might not want to join in the fun so I'm making it HUGE so there will be enough. The local press is also interested and I've barely begun!

Please keep your fingers crossed for me, hopefully I'll find out this week.

In the meantime there's still a little money to be saved and all purchases go towards the deposit fund, and I'm having a clear out of crafty bits I no longer use, most have never left the packets so the other half is happy its finally leaving the house, so here's some links that may be of interest ;)

http://onestoppampershop.co.uk/ of course! There is still a sale on until tomorrow.


http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150341162324366.343848.281890569365&type=1 Lots of vintage crockery thats just waiting to be filled with candles and sent off to a new home

And a whole heap of destash thats just crying to be loved! http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150205309694366.310180.281890569365&type=1

Maryann xx

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new shop, I hope it all come together for you. I've got fingers crossed that will ;-D
    I'm having to try very hard to not check out your shop as I always want to buy, your things are so lovely. Very tempted by the destash too, but must be strong, I'm saving towards my college fees at the moment ;-s
    Love Momo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it's all starting to come together, I can pretty much feel the excitement from here XD The bank wouldn't be Barclays would it? I had massive problems with them 2 years ago when I tried to get a business loan with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, fingers crossed as well as everything else! I so hope this all comes together for you, I really do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh good for you!

    Fingers crossed x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I'm your 200th follower! Wow, glad I found your blog - it's fab! Hope plans for the shop are going well x

    ReplyDelete